Client Service Manager
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Horatio is looking for a highly energetic and results driven Client Service Manager to grow our amazing team.
As a Client Service Manager, you will manage a series of strategic client accounts and become a trusted partner to our clients. In this role, you will also oversee a team of direct reports, consisting of Team Leads and Associates, and oversee the operational functions related to your team. Your primary responsibility is to deliver on objectives and key results for your clients through managing your team to high standards and tracking Key Performance Indicators.
Since this is a senior manager role you need to have at least 3 years experience in a supervisor or account management role. At least 3 years experience in managing customer care, call center, and/or back office operations is preferred.
We need someone who has hands-on experience with process improvement and project management, advanced English, intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Gorgias or other support software, and experience managing multiple channels including chat and social media. We also need someone with experience in other CRM, customer service technologies and cloud-hosted telephony.
Manage the team:
- Manage your time effectively to fulfil daily/weekly/monthly tasks at the highest level of quality
- Ensure the team is performing at expected quantitative and qualitative levels.
- Contribute to critical team operations: including hiring, onboarding, training, quality control, and team building
- Establish a quality-focused team culture with strong communication and adherence to Horatio’s values
- Manage team issues and risks, and develop mitigation initiatives and contingency plans to reduce potential impact. Activate and implement these strategies when necessary.
- Examine required reports on a regular basis to confirm the information has been correctly added and to detect any trend/improvement that can be done in the team
- Evaluate team overall happiness and engagement
Manage and mentor direct reports:
- Directly manage and develop a team of high performing team leads and/or associates
- Monitor individual performance and wellbeing
- Perform regular 1:1’s with all direct reports
- Work on development programs for associates and leads.
- Assist Leads with HR related issues and policies, payroll, and the management of their teams
Client oversight and knowledge-sharing:
- Participate in regular program reviews
- Perform internal quality control check-ins with assigned teams
- Support team leads and managers in establishing KPIs and meeting their program goals
- Provide the leadership team with status updates and solutions to milestones, deliverables, risk assessment, etc.
- Foster a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork and innovation
- Establish a standard and encourage the learning and sharing of best practices
- Craft best practices and templates based on program needs/requirements
What You Bring to the Table:
- Excellent (near-native) written English is a requirement for this job
- 3+ years as a Supervisor, Team Lead, or equivalent
- Amazing customer support, phone support experience preferred
- Tech-savvy and Advanced proficiency on G-Suite/MS-Office
- Experience successfully managing and mentoring other people managers is a plus
- Experience leading hiring and interviews, training, and quality control programs
- Sales or Ecommerce experience and understanding of sales metrics and drivers
- Great eye for detecting team, employee risk before it becomes an issue
- Track record of building positive relationships with employees and partners
- Strong work ethic and a talent for bringing out the best in others
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and helping others
Based in New York City, with teams in the Dominican Republic, Horatio is a leading provider of white-glove customer experience and omni-channel support outsourcing services. At Horatio, we like to say “do what you do best, and hire Horatio to do the rest.” Horatio partners with high-growth and innovative companies to develop their customer support strategy and provide a handpicked team to execute it. Horatio’s number one focus is on providing high-touch, brand-focused customer support. Our team is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and expertise to ensure a great customer experience every time.